Thursday, May 20, 2010

Weekend Getaway!



Who would have predicted that a weekend to Chicago would prove to be so eventful? After arranging all the logistics for four children to stay with different friends for the weekend, including getting to soccer games and other events, I was relieved to finally get myself on the airplane to Chicago. In just seven hours I would be with my husband for a romantic weekend in Chicago, including attending the wedding festivities for our dear friends. But storms in Dallas (in which my round-about ticket took me) caused delays and eventually a cancellation of my flight from Dallas to Chicago until the morning! I spent my first night ever alone in a hotel! It wasn't so bad after I adjusted my expectations and knew I could still get to the wedding in time the next day. As a matter of fact, I quite enjoyed the evening to myself which included room service dinner, a king sized bed, and a good "chick flick".
Once I made it to Chicago, Rob and I had so much fun! Bonnie & Jason's wedding felt like a reunion of all the friends I had to leave the past ten months! We stayed in a beautiful room on the 21st floor of a hotel downtown, and spent most of Sunday enjoying the city and exploring Navy Pier. My departure came too soon, but this time I only had to say goodbye to Rob for five more days as he is back in SC tomorrow. One more week and we leave SC.....hard to believe!






1 comment:

  1. So, Happy that you and Rob had a good time in Chicago!!!Sounds like God thought you needed an
    unexpected Blessing of ALONE time on the journey=) Thankful that you enjoyed that as well =)

    Thank you so MUCH for keeping this record of your time in SC =) It has been a BLESSING to me (and I am sure so many others)even though you were many many many miles away...you were close in heart and mind...and the blog helped!!!
    What an adventure this has been for the six
    of you. Your entries are a witness to the
    FAITHFULNESS of OUR LORD!& His delight in surprising us with unexpected BLESSINGS.
    Praying for YOU & Jacob(14!!!)as well as Rob,
    Ben, Eli and Grace(8!!) in the days and weeks ahead.
    WITH LOVE&PRAYERS, Aunt Loie (NOT BRAD=(

    ReplyDelete